Root Canal Treatment in Gonzalez
Dr. Rome provides root canal treatment for families in the Gonzales, Louisiana area. A root canal can restore a tooth that is infected or has a deep cavity. In most cases, root canal treatment can save the tooth and allow it to remain in place. Call 225-621-2701 for more information or to schedule an appointment.
What is Root Canal Treatment?
A root canal is a procedure that is used to preserve a tooth that is damaged, infected, or severely decayed. When a cavity deepens through the outer enamel and into the inner root canal of the tooth, it can lead to an infection. The inner portion of the tooth contains the soft pulp, which is made up of blood vessels and nerves. When the pulp becomes exposed or infected it can be quite painful. If possible, a root canal should be done before an infection sets in.
The procedure involves removing the soft pulp from the inside of the tooth. This removes any infected tissue and prevents further infection. In most cases, a crown will need to be placed over the existing tooth in order to protect it and to complete the procedure.
Benefits of Root Canal Treatment
There are definite benefits to getting a root canal treatment:
- Preserves the natural tooth. In many cases a root canal can save your natural tooth, allowing it to stay in place for the rest of your life.
- Treats and prevents infection. An infected tooth can be painful, but a root canal can treat and prevent an infection of the soft pulp.
- Saves you money. By saving your natural tooth with a root canal treatment, you avoid expensive tooth replacement procedures.
Are You a Good Candidate for a Root Canal Treatment?
Your dentist may recommend a root canal if you have any of the following:
- A tooth with a deep cavity that extends into the pulp of the tooth
- A tooth that aches.
- A tooth that is sensitive to cold or heat.
- A discolored tooth.
- A cracked or chipped tooth.
Why Choose Byron R. Rome, DDS?
A root canal can be a simple, quick procedure for an experienced dentist. As a board-certified dentist, Dr. Rome has performed numerous successful root canal treatments that have allowed patients to keep their natural teeth in place and avoid painful infections. You can trust your teeth to Dr. Rome.
Frequently Asked Questions
About Root Canals
Call 225-621-2701 today for a consultation or to schedule an appointment.