Restorative Dentistry in Gonzalez
What is Restorative Dentistry?
Restorative dentistry refers to any dental procedure that is used to repair or replace decayed, damaged, or missing teeth. This includes cavity fillings, crowns, bridges, and dental implants. The ultimate goal of restorative dentistry is to restore the existing teeth whenever possible or replace them if the damage is too great or if they are already missing.
Benefits of Restorative Dentistry
Restorative dentistry is a highly beneficial category of dental procedures. Benefits include:
- Improve dental function. When your teeth are damaged or missing you are unable to chew or even speak properly in some cases. Restorative procedures improve the function of your teeth.
- Improve your smile. Restorative dentistry can improve your smile by replacing missing or damaged teeth. Healthy teeth simply look better.
- Prevent further damage. By getting restorative procedures taken care of at the first sign of a problem, such as a cavity filling, can prevent the need for further restorative procedures.
- Improve your overall health and wellness. Oral health is linked to overall health. The healthier your teeth and mouth are, the healthier you will be.
Restorative Procedures Offered
Dr. Rome’s office provides the following restorative services:
- Fillings. When a cavity develops in a tooth it needs to be filled to prevent it from worsening. A cavity filling involves removing the decayed enamel and filling it up with composite resin that matches the color of your tooth.
- Crowns. When a tooth has too much decay or damage for a filling, it may be able to be restored with a crown. A crown is a cover or cap placed over a tooth. The tooth will be filed down to a smaller size to accommodate the crown.
- Bridges. A dental bridge can be used to replace one or more adjacent teeth. A traditional bridge is held in place by two crowns placed over the teeth on either end of the gap. Other bridges are anchored by just one tooth, metal attachments, or dental implants.
- Dental Implants. A dental implant is an artificial tooth and root system. The titanium root is surgically placed in the jawbone where it fuses with the bone. A single dental implant can replace one tooth or multiple implants can support a bridge or dentures.
Why Choose Byron R. Rome, DDS?
Restorative procedures range in complexity from basic fillings to dental implant placement. No matter what procedure you or your loved one needs, you want an experienced dentist. Dr. Rome is a board-certified dentist with extensive skill and experience performing all restorative procedures. You can trust your smile to Dr. Rome.